Wednesday 3 June 2020

my enneagram

I did this Enneagram Test 3 times to make sure it was accurate. And apparently in 3 times the test, I got the same results.
There are 9 types of humans according to this Enneagram test. Based on The Enneagram Institute website, there are 9 types mentioned:

Type 1 : The Reformer
The Rational, Idealistic Type: Principled, Purposeful, Self-Controlled, and Perfectionistic

Type 2 : The Helper
The Caring, Interpersonal Type: Demonstrative, Generous, People-Pleasing, and Possessive

Type 3 : The Achiever
The Success-Oriented, Pragmatic Type: Adaptive, Excelling, Driven, and Image-Conscious

Type 4 : The Individualist
The Sensitive, Withdrawn Type: Expressive, Dramatic, Self-Absorbed, and Temperamental

Type 5 : The Investigator
The Intense, Cerebral Type: Perceptive, Innovative, Secretive, and Isolated

Type 6 : The Loyalist
The Committed, Security-Oriented Type: Engaging, Responsible, Anxious, and Suspicious

Type 7 : The Enthusiast
The Busy, Fun-Loving Type: Spontaneous, Versatile, Distractible, and Scattered

Type 8 : The Challenger
The Powerful, Dominating Type: Self-Confident, Decisive, Willful, and Confrontational

Type 9 : The PeaceMaker
The Easygoing, Self-Effacing Type: Receptive, Reassuring, Agreeable, and Complacent

It is possible for someone to have more than 1 type. And the results I got from this test are Type 2: The Helper. In my opinion, type 2 is the type that is closest to my nature. Here I am not discussing other types. I only share stories about the lives of someone who tends to be in type 2.

Type 2

Why do I feel type 2 comes closest to my personality?

One of the weaknesses that I have in my life is, I have a very bad feeling towards other people. I find it hard to say no to something. What is meant is when someone asks for help to me, but that is beyond my ability.  I was wrong because when I was unable to do that, I accepted to do it. So that the effect, I often feel depressed. I thought if I can say no to the things that are beyond my ability, surely I will feel free and there's no problem in my life.

Basically, I really like helping others. Can't bear to see other people having trouble alone. I am also very happy that I can help others. And when other people say thank you, I feel that I can be a useful person to others. I believe that when I can help others, they will never forget and will help others again so that the goodness of helping each others will spread everywhere.

According to The Enneagram Institute website, type 2 is known as empathetic, sincere, and warm-hearted person. They are friendly, generous, and self-sacrificing, but can also be sentimental, flattering, and people-pleasing. They are well-meaning and driven to be close to others, but can slip into doing things for others in order to be needed. They typically have problems with possessiveness and acknowledging their own needs.

Broadly, maybe of all the types that exist, type 2 is the best type. But in my opinion type 2 is good in characteristics but the bad effects are huge, especially in terms of feelings. They really want to be loved by many people, but they're afraid of being unwanted and unworthy of being loved by others.

However, Twos’ inner development may be limited by their “shadow side”—pride, self-deception, the tendency to become over-involved in the lives of others, and the tendency to manipulate others to get their own emotional needs met.

Often I feel excessive anxiety because I think too much about others. I'm saying I'm fine when it's not so true. When that anxiety struck me, it was also difficult for me to share my problem with others. I think telling me about my problem will only add burden to others. So I have a habit of telling stories after my problem is over. I'm still learning to be able to say no to something beyond my ability.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

♥️Here I will share good stages that can be learned by type 2. And of course there are stages that are not good or unhealthy that must be avoided or eliminated from the habits of type 2.  

Based on the website.

♡Healthy Levels

Level 1 (At Their Best): Become deeply unselfish, humble, and altruistic: giving unconditional love to self and others. Feel it is a privilege to be in the lives of others.

Level 2: Empathetic, compassionate, feeling for others. Caring and concerned about their needs. Thoughtful, warm-hearted, forgiving and sincere.

Level 3: Encouraging and appreciative, able to see the good in others. Service is important, but takes care of self too: they are nurturing, generous, and giving—a truly loving person.

♡Average Levels

Level 4: Want to be closer to others, so start "people pleasing," becoming overly friendly, emotionally demonstrative, and full of "good intentions" about everything. Give seductive attention: approval, "strokes," flattery. Love is their supreme value, and they talk about it constantly.

Level 5: Become overly intimate and intrusive: they need to be needed, so they hover, meddle, and control in the name of love. Want others to depend on them: give, but expect a return: send double messages. Enveloping and possessive: the codependent, self-sacrificial person who cannot do enough for others—wearing themselves out for everyone, creating needs for themselves to fulfill.

Level 6: Increasingly self-important and self-satisfied, feel they are indispensable, although they overrate their efforts in others' behalf. Hypochondria, becoming a "martyr" for others. Overbearing, patronizing, presumptuous.

❌ Unhealthy Levels

Level 7: Can be manipulative and self-serving, instilling guilt by telling others how much they owe them and make them suffer. Abuse food and medication to "stuff feelings" and get sympathy. Undermine people, making belittling, disparaging remarks. Extremely self-deceptive about their motives and how aggressive and/or selfish their behavior is.

Level 8: Domineering and coercive: feel entitled to get anything they want from others: the repayment of old debts, money, sexual favors.

Level 9: Able to excuse and rationalize what they do since they feel abused and victimized by others and are bitterly resentful and angry. Somatization of their aggressions results in chronic health problems as they vindicate themselves by "falling apart" and burdening others. Generally corresponds to the Histrionic Personality Disorder and Factitious Disorder.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Last but not least, there are some suggestions according to The Enneagram Institute for type 2.

Remember that if you are not addressing your own needs, it is highly unlikely that you will be able to meet anyone else's needs without problems, underlying resentments, and continual frustration. Further, you will be less able to respond to people in a balanced way if you have not gotten adequate rest, and taken care of yourself properly. It is not selfish to make sure that you are okay before attending to others' needs—it is simply common sense.

Try to become more conscious of your own motives when you decide to help someone. While doing good things for people is certainly an admirable trait, when you do so because you expect the other person to appreciate you or do something nice for you in return, you are setting yourself up for disappointments. Your type has a real danger of falling into unconscious codependent patterns with loved ones, and they almost never bring you what you really want.

• While there are many things you might want to do for people, it is often better to ask them what they really need first. You are gifted at accurately intuiting others' feelings and needs, but that does not necessarily mean that they want those needs remedied by you in the way you have in mind. Communicate your intentions, and be willing to accept a "no thank you." Someone deciding that they do not want your particular offer of help does not mean that they dislike you or are rejecting you.

Resist the temptation to call attention to yourself and your good works. After you have done something for others, do not remind them about it. Let it be: either they will remember your kindness themselves and thank you in their own way or they will not. Your calling attention to what you have done for them only puts people on the spot and makes them feel uneasy. It will not satisfy anyone or improve your relationships.

Learn to recognize the affection and good wishes of others, even when these are not in terms that you are familiar with. Although others may not express their feelings in a way that you want, they may be letting you know in other ways how much they care about you. If you can recognize what others are giving you, you will rest more easily in the knowledge that you really are loved. Love is always available but only to the degree that we are present and therefore receptive to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment