Friday 5 June 2020

a heavy matter

My heart physically felt heavy. The racial injustice happening in America right now is tragic and what’s even more tragic is that this has happened time and time again for years and years and years.

After many thoughts about this topic, finally I decided to write it in 1 post. I'm not going to fully talk about George Floyd, who certainly has made people in the world shout a "Black Lives Matter" sentence. But I believe that even today, racial injustice still exists and is not broadcast in the media like the news about George Floyd. Even in my own country there are still a lot of racist acts whose cases don't get as much attention as the George Floyd case.

I don't intend to be someone who tries hard to defend this case. Because I know this case is still very sensitive to discuss. Let everyone keep his empathy in his heart and be a person who wants to respect, love peace, and love others without seeing the physical.

Source : Google Image
We have the privilege that we can care more about anything that we might don't know out there how many very heartbreaking incident. Sign a petition isn't wrong in my opinion. That's one good and easier action to do. I read a lot of articles from very reliable sources about cases of racism in the world. Your mind will be more open and maybe think as much as I do now.

This racism case was very popular in the 1960s where there's so many mafia in America clearly terrorized the Black Community. In 1968, it's a year marked by protests, riots and deadly encounters between black citizens and police. Until now, it affected a lot of media at that time. Where one of them is Sam Cooke, a singer who is my favorite because of his soul music. I read about how his struggle to maintain a career with various pressures due to racism problems that occur in America.
until then he was killed and his case was determined as justifiable homicide. Though there is a lot of time to explore the case more deeply. But they chose to close the case with allegations that were not necessarily true.

There's Martin Luther King Jr. and Malcolm X who fight for equality. But they ended up being killed. Everyone is free in fighting for their rights. I'm sure everyone wants to be accepted and treated the same. We might feel that there is no authority to raise topics like this even in front of the world. All of this will end if everyone realizes how important it is to respect others.

So we can't change something in the past. But start from yourself.

believe in human rights. I believe in love. I believe in acceptance. I believe in tolerance. I believe in compassion.

And will add that I believe Black Lives Matter.

Thank you for reading guys! ♡❀

Here's some reliable articles for you guys :
  
⧫ Know your history: Understanding racism in the US
England in 1966: Racism and ignorance in the Midlands
Why we need to know the truth about Malcolm X
⧫ The History of Racism in America
Kematian George Floyd: Pertanyaan sederhana yang mengungkap rasisme di Amerika Serikat

No comments:

Post a Comment